pearwaldorf: whtie crescent moons on a black background. three fingers with black nail polish rest against them (misc - moons nail polish)
[personal profile] pearwaldorf
I have finished episode 3.

I can't say I've been impressed so far tbh. It feels like it's trying to do too much and not succeeding at any of it. I do not care about Heaven's internal politics, and there's something there with Beelzebub's midlife crisis but there hasn't been enough focus on it.

It feels like because everybody loved the flashbacks in S1 they decided to stuff more in this season. But they don't feel focused even though they're more integrated into the plot. And they've all been v Aziraphale-centric but in a way that doesn't really add to what we already know about his character arc from S1. (Loved his sad faces during the "Take me to hell" scene though. I love Aziraphale faces.)

I did like the bit after the Job flashback where he looks at Jim and is like "You were a fucking asshole." It is the first bit of reflection this season on literally any of his experience in Heaven. Process your trauma, honey! Or at least fuck or get fucked until you don't think about anything.

So far, every concern I've had about a S2 has been more or less realized. Everybody who's finished it seems to be real emotionally fucked-up about it, so I'm reserving judgement, but for me there's not much so far that has reached the threshold of genuine delight.

I don't know what it says about a sequel season that it just makes me want to go back and watch the (much superior) first season, but it's probably not great?

Date: 2023-07-30 08:47 pm (UTC)
nonelvis: (SANDMAN death (Bachalo))
From: [personal profile] nonelvis
Honestly, I did not like S2, and I particularly hated the ending, though not because I am emotionally fucked-up about it. (Quite the opposite, in fact.) I did like the Job flashback -- it's by far the best of the three, so if you think the one in episode 3 is dire, wait until you get to the one in episode 4.

Really only about 25% of this series was actual story I vaguely gave a crap about, 50% was filler, and 25% was the Muriel/Nina plotline I wanted to care about, god, I really did, because I love Nina Sosanya, but IMO it was written *so* poorly. It's a real bummer, tbh.

Profile

pearwaldorf: donna noble looking up at something. light falls on her face from above (Default)
a very Nietzschean fish

May 2026

S M T W T F S
     12
3456789
10111213141516
171819202122 23
24252627282930
31      

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 17th, 2026 02:49 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios